These Morning Stretches are Better than Coffee
Jumpstarting your morning with deep stretches can put you in the right mindset to take on the world today, and everyday.
The following three simple stretches target your neck, shoulders, hamstrings, hips and glutes in just a few minutes – you’ll just need a resistance band and the will to fight the insurmountable urge to hit the snooze button.
- Sit up straight with your legs crossed. Place your right hand on the back of your head and push your head forward in a “yes” motion. Repeat as needed.
- Drape your right hand over the top of your head with your palm resting on the left side (behind your ear) and pull your head down towards your right shoulder. Repeat as needed.
- Hold your chin with your left thumb and forefinger and turn your head to look over your right shoulder, as if shaking your head “no.” Repeat as needed.
- Lying flat on your back, bend one knee and place your foot firmly on the floor. Loop a resistance band around the opposite foot and keep this leg straight.
- Stretch the leg with the band out up and away from your body, opening up your hips, before returning to center.
- Tip: Let the leg fall as close to the ground as possible while still controlling it with the band. Hold for 30 seconds and then repeat, switch sides.
- Lie flat on your back with your legs together. Loop one foot through a resistance band.
- Stretch the leg with the band across your body to the opposite side, stretching your outer thigh and butt.
- Lower your leg back to the floor, hold for 30 seconds. Repeat, and switch sides.
acquisition Athletic Performance back pain relief Body chair stretch corporate health corporate stretch desk stretch Dynamic Stretches Foam Rolling Health hypervolt myofascial release in home stretch massage and stretch Mental Health merger Mind office stretch power stretch studios Quick Guides self magazine Stress Stretching Stretch Myths stretch relief Stretch Tips work performance